Sunday, September 2, 2012

New Blog Series: Life at Innerstar U

Hi! :) I've decided to start a a blog series about my life at Innerstar U! Here is the first part. Hope you enjoy!

I was sitting in Mr. Wilson's Algebra 1 class. I had tuned him out the minute we had begun and I was struggling not to fall asleep. My roommate, Julia, who's super smart, sits to attention and looks interested as usual. His boring voice drones on and I keep glancing at the clock above his balding head. Three minutes until class lets out. Only three minutes. Then, I can go on my carefree way to Good Sports Center and swim until my fingers grow wrinkled.
Two minutes. I fidget in seat and try to understand what Mr. Wilson is teaching us. Math isn't my best subject. One minute. I can barely sit still. It seems the pool is calling my name...
"RING!" Finally! I leap out of my seat and quickly put my work in my backpack. Before I leave, I hear Mr. Wilson call, "Remember, you have a math quiz on Monday!" I make a mental note to study for that later today.
Julia and I make our way towards the front of the building and into the library. Julia loves Innerstar U's two-story library, but I mostly come here for the common room, where you can hang out, eat, and study.
Julia waves to Miss Logan, the librarian, and then we are outside. I breath easier and feel the crispness in the air and watch the fall leaves as they float to the ground. Other Jr. High girls walk back and forth, talking or heading to their next class. I always look forward to P.E., my last and favorite class of the day. Julia and I chitchat as we walk towards Five-Points Plaza. Her next class is Life Science with Miss Paige.
"I'm so glad it's the weekend. I feel like we've been in school forever, but that's a good thing. I love Innerstar U," I say.
"I love the weekends too, and Innerstar U is a great school. I'm so glad we're friends," Julia replies, smiling. "But there's one bad thing about this weekend." She stops walking.
"And what is that?" I ask.
"Well, this morning I met up with Allison and she told me some news."
"What is it?" I pester, hoping Allison is okay.
"Oh, Rosalyn," Julia says dejectedly. "She's leaving."

More coming soon! :)

2 comments: