Sunday, September 9, 2012

Life at Innerstar U Part 2

HI! :) Sorry this took so long to post, but here is the second part...

"What?" I gape at Julia. I can't believe it! "Why?"
Julia and Allison are really good friends. Allison is super nice, funny, and always has great advice. Who wouldn't want her to go?
"I don't know," Julia answers. "She didn't say specifically. But I think she's moving, for good."
We continue walking, though slower, and I contemplate about what I should do.
"Do you know when?" I ask.
"No, I don't. We should visit her tonight and find out."
We remain silent the rest of the way and then split once we reach Five-Points Plaza. I hurry to Good Sports Center.
Once inside, I go to my locker, change, and head towards the pool. I've just gotten my head full of hair into my swim cap, when our coach, Miss Emmy, arrives. Allison's roommate, Wills, comes out behind her. I try to go over and talk to her, but Coach interrupts us when she tells us to warm up. I sigh, dive into the freezing cold pool, and start swimming.


* * * * *

An hour and a half later, I'm in my room just starting on my homework. Practice had gone well and I had just taken a nice, warm shower. Julia is at her desk, working on her own homework, and remains silent. I try to get her talking by asking, "Julia? Do you think I should cut my hair?" I gaze down at my long, dark hair.
"Oh, no," Julia replies nonchalantly. "Everyone loves it. It's really pretty."
"Thanks."
We work quietly for the next hour, occasionally asking each other for help. Well, more like me asking her for help.
Then, my phone beeps, announcing I have a new text. I reach over and flip it open. It reads: "Hi Rosie! How was your day? Love, Lissie." I smile. I can't believe Felicity even has a phone - and knows how to work it. She's so old fashioned and always texts in complete sentences with the correct punctuation. I reply with: "happy friday, lissie! :) i'm fine. got 2 finish my homework. ugh. text u l8tr!" I send it, knowing my use of text lingo will annoy her.
I wonder how Rebecca's first week at American Girl School for Historical Characters went. I'm glad she has Lissie and Kit there with her.
When 5:00 rolls around, I have to take a break.
"Want to call it a break, Jules?" I ask, closing my history book.
"Sure! I'm done anyways," she replies, placing her work in her already over-flowing backpack. Typical Julia.
"Let's head to the common room for a snack," I suggest, slipping on my shoes. "Oh, wait. I have an even better idea. Let's visit Allison."
Okay!" Julia says, closing the door behind us.
We head down the long hallway. Allison and Willa's dorm isn't far from ours.
I knock on the door, which has a sign that says "Now Entering the Room of Allison an Willa." So friendly and cute. And to think it will soon say, "Willa and Stranger" instead. But then, the door opens and we stroll inside.

To be continued!

1 comment: