Sunday, September 16, 2012

Life at Innerstar U Part 3

On to part three of my life at Innerstar U. :)

"Hi, Willa. Is Allison here?" Julia asks as soon as we're inside.
"Yeah, she's in the bathroom," Willa replies, her black curls bouncing up and down.
She leads the way and knocks on the closed door.
"Allison? Rosalyn and Julia are here," she says.
The door opens and a blond-haired, brown eyed Allison steps out.
"Hi, guys!" she says hugging us. "What's up?"
What's up? Everything's up!
"Oh, the usual," I reply. We head over to their beds and sit down. "We just heard the news, though. About you leaving."
An awkward silence follows.
"Oh, yeah. About that," Allison starts, looking at the floor. "It's true. My family and I are moving out of California - for good."
"This is terrible!" Julia says. "Why and when?"
"Well, we're not completely sure yet, but soon I think. My dad needs to find a new job and my sister wants to go to a college in another state. And we don't want to be separated, so that's why my parents want to move."
"But, we just started school. You won't know anybody in your new town," I complain. I'll miss Allison so much!
"Oh, Allison. You're my best friend! Why does this have to happen?" Julia remarks, hugging Allison.
Allison hugs her back and Willa joins them.
"I know, I don't want to move either. But I'm sure we will be able to visit from time to time," Allison adds.
We are still here when the dinner bell rings and we come out of our spell. But I think we've all lost our appetite after what has happened. I go to bed that night with a lump in my throat that won't go away.

To be continued....


No comments:

Post a Comment