Monday, April 15, 2013

Week Seven

A black and white photo...


...write about your insecurities.

We all have insecurities. Some more than others. Here I will post some of mine that I used to have and am going through right now. I don't want this to be a negative post; I hope to inspire you to overcome yours.

1. Talking on the phone. Has anyone else ever suffered from this or am I the only one? Please don't let me be the only one... Well, even if you haven't, I have overcome this fear after having to talk on the phone with friends and family so many times that now I don't even look at it twice before entering the number. Yah! :)

2. When I'm at an after-school activity and I'm the only one who hasn't been picked up yet. All alone, waiting. Boy, does this scare me and sends my brain into overdrive of all the horrible things that could have happened to my mom or dad on the way here. Especially when it's dark. Gives me the shivers just thinking about it. Now, this doesn't happen very often, but I might as well put it up here since it's true. So, in a nutshell, being alone is an insecurity of mine that I haven't conquered yet.

3. The future. Sometimes, I get so worried and anxious about the future. Will I pass my Driver's Ed test? How will I get a job? How do I spend my money wisely? Where will I go to college? How will I get a house? Will I be able to survive on my own without my parents guiding me? Who will I date? How do I know what is right for me? But I know I have to trust in God and He will make my path straight. It will be hard, but I know I can do it.

4. Trying new things. Wow, do I have a hard time with this one. From the littlest of things like picking a new movie or book to read or watch that isn't in my genre, to the big things like going to a public high school next year (yeepers!) and being the one to go up and say hi to the person who looks like they need a friend. Though every year, I can see myself improving slowly and I thank God for giving me courage.

What are some of your insecurities?

Thanks for reading and have a great day! :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Yes, talking on the phone is something I don't like:P

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've had all of these different insecurities at some time or another! I liked reading about how you have overcome or are working on overcoming these. I think we will all always be insecure about *something*, whether we realize it or not. For me, the main two, however, are the future, and I used to be really insecure about talking on the phone, but I think I'm over it now. :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it's like I wrote this post. Oh, and you are really pretty!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, agree with all those things! And I fear each one... :)

    ReplyDelete