Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Part Two of Anna's Story

April 15, 1899

Dear Diary,

Well, after a day of getting my thoughts in order, I've come to the conclusion that I will tell you my story. After all, isn't this what a diary is for?

Where was I? Oh, right I was telling you about my wonderful life before the Great Fire...

It was a beautiful spring day, just like this one, when Father came home. He had been gone for several weeks overseas on business. It had been his annual trip to help those less fortunate than us with his company.

I was sitting up in my favorite tree, listening to the birds sing and jotting down scribbles into my old journal, when little Henrietta poked my foot with a stick.

"Father's home, Anna! Father's home!" she squealed, her golden curls bouncing up and down.

We immediately raced onto the front deck where Father was embracing our three older brothers: Clark, Obadiah, and James.

"Welcome home, Frederick!" Mother exclaimed, rushing down the steps to meet him.

We were so happy then, with our family all together. If only it hadn't been our last.

Sincerely,

Anna Marie Henderson

Photobucket

5 comments: