Wednesday, March 27, 2013

A Linkup with Storyteller


It's a journal entry with the first theme: sadness. Go here to enter! :)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

April 14, 1899

Dear Diary,

It's a shame my first entry has to be so negative. But ever since the Great Fire, but life hasn't been very positive. Let me start at the beginning...

When I was younger, I lived with my family in a beautiful Victorian mansion in Virginia. We had several acres of land for our many horses and chickens and pigs. A river ran straight through our backyard. There were trees for climbing, fruit, and decoration. Every spring, the flowers bloomed. Every summer, our garden flourished. Every fall, the leaves turned golden. Every winter, the snow fell. Everything stayed the same and we liked it that way. Nothing came unexpected to us. We were prepared. But nothing could have prepared us for the Great Fire.

Oh, dear diary, thinking about the Great Fire brings back too many painful memories. I don't think I am ready to tell my story quite yet. But when I am, I will.

Sincerely,

Anna Marie Henderson

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

What do think? I love it so far! :) I will definitely continue to write about Anna, linkup or no linkup.

Have a great day!

Photobucket

2 comments: