Monday, September 16, 2013

The Autumn Woods


I walk along the lonely path
In the autumn woods
Alone
A wind starts up
And the leaves start to fall
Around me
I close my eyes
And let the breeze take me
It whispers of a great cold coming
Of snow and white and icy air
A time of hibernation and peace and quiet

I walk along the lonely path
Pulling my coat tighter around me
I do a little skip
And kick at the ground
And watch the leaves fly up
Then fall
Falling leaves
All around
I smile and fall with them
I lay on the ground in my bed of leaves
And watch the trees bend and sigh

Every now and then
Golden light passes through
And lights up the forest floor
The sun says good night
And trades places with the moon
And I sleep and dream of tomorrow
There is magic in the air tonight
Magic in the air

So I spread my wings and fly...

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

<3 autumn is coming soon <3

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Hey beautiful! :)
    I gave you the Liebster Award on my blog!
    http://myrandomnessandramblings.blogspot.com/2013/09/liebster-award.html

    xox
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete