Sunday, September 8, 2013

God's Ways {A Sunday Devotional}

Whose ways are you going to trust, yours or God's?

For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

~ Isaiah 55:8-9 ~

As humans, we tend to think that our way is best. We tend to ignore the wisdom and advice of others and instead go along with what we think is right. Let me ask you a few questions:

Question 1: Were you ever right 100% of the time, having gone through life without making a single mistake, getting nothing but straight A's on tests, and never jumped to the wrong conclusion about something? I'm not asking this to make you feel bad; however, this is something that I want you to consider for a moment.

Question 2: Do you ever doubt God when it comes to His plans for you, or sometimes believe that God doesn't make sense and that your way is better? The Bible tells us to trust God and lean not unto our own understanding. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

As humans, we tend to get things wrong. Our ideas can sometimes be second rate at best or deadly at worst. God's ways, however, are perfect. We don't have to worry about Him making a mistake with our lives and His plans for us. All we need is to trust Him. (Proverbs 3:5-7) Don't worry; the creator of the universe knows what He is doing.

Reflection: Do I tend to go by what I think is right, or do I listen to God's word?

Application step: Next time you are tempted to do things contrary to God's way, stop and ask God to help you choose His way, and remember that God knows what's best for your life.

Have a great day! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment