Friday, August 23, 2013

Weekly Wrap-Up

I'm back! :)

* * * * *

Moments #2: School

The Good:

~ Going to school with my BFF and other friends :) ~

~ Getting back into a schedule since I got really lazy over the summer ~

~ Not too much homework... yet ~

~ P.E.! Unlike a lot of people, I actually like it because if I didn't have P.E., then I would never work out ~

The Bad:

~ Waking up at 6:00 every day ~

~ Cursing, and lots of it :P ~

~ Boring and easy classes so far (because of homeschooling I feel ahead of everyone else) ~

~ Lots of kids in my class don't even want to be there or don't care ~

~ Having classes with none of my friends :( Well, except Spanish - my sister is in that one so that's good ~

~ They are looooong days and I'm always so tired when I get home ~

~ Walking to class can be kind of crazy ~

~ Heavy backpacks! ~

~ Locker rooms! :P It was really overwhelming since there are so many girls and kind of weird having to change in front of them, but I'm sure I'll get used to it... eventually. And, my locker is like right by the OPEN door! :P Also, I couldn't open my locker since I wasn't putting the combination in correctly so someone else had to do it for me. How embarrassing! :P ~

~ We don't eat in a cafeteria - we eat outside wherever and standing up. I don't get why. :P ~

~ Lots of girls who dress inappropriately ~

~ Weird teachers ~

~ Scary older kids ~

Other notes:

~ On the first day of school I was so nervous! But now that I know what school will be like, I'm not anymore :) ~

~ It's a big campus! There's the classroom buildings, library, old and new gym, auditorium, school office, football field, baseball field, tennis courts, swimming pool... There are a lot of places to walk too ~

~ School colors are navy blue and white! Go Mariners! :) ~

~ P.E. clothes are not as bad as I thought and are actually quite comfortable! And I love my new running shoes! They are bright blue. :) ~

~ Every day, I walk down the big hill after school with my sister (and sometimes cousin) where we get picked up at a church next to the road. Since their are always so many cars and it takes forever. ~

~ Crazy, loud, but kind of fun school assemblies and pep rallies ~

~ School dances... :P I've never been to one, but I don't really want to because of what goes on there - and I'm not dating yet ~

~ Mondays and Tuesdays are regular days, Wednesdays are half days, and Thursdays and Fridays are Block Days. Which means that on Thursday you would go to your first period, then tutorial (study hall), break, period four, lunch, then period five. The classes are extra long that day. On Friday, it would be the same except for Periods 2, 3 and 6. It's kind of confusing. ~

* * * * *

Wow, that was a lot! So that's pretty much my school and how my first week went. Yeah. Do I wish I was still homeschooling? I'm not sure yet. It's different, but I generally like my new school even though sometimes I find myself missing the freedom I once had. But, I'm sure it will get better. :)

Thanks for reading this (long) post and have a great day! :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you (sort of) like it! I don't think I could ever go to school. I can't stand the high school I have to walk through to get to their pool and I don't even go there. How come you're trying out a high school? I'll be praying for you! :-)

    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds crazy!! haha =D Wow, right by the door??? Gee, that's embarrassing.... I think I'd pack a towel and hold it up haha :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jessica! That all sounds sprt of new to me, being a homeschooler too. :) I'm glad the first week went pretty well, and I'm glad that you have Spanish with your sister! :)

    Love,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome that you had a pretty good first week of school! I'm nervous about starting high school, but I hope it turns out well like yours! :)

    ReplyDelete