Sunday, August 25, 2013

Actions and Reactions {A Sunday Devotional}

Actions speak louder than words...

Whatever happens, conduct yourself in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ.

~ Philippians 1:27 ~

Today's verse really cuts me to the core. It doesn't say when good things happen, or even when semi bad things happen, but whatever happens. No matter what comes about in our lives we need to remember that we belong to Christ, and we are His witnesses! It's like that old saying "actions speak louder than words." The way we conduct ourselves speaks more about our hearts than the words that come out of our mouths. So it's like saying, even if I get an F on a paper I worked for months on and gave my all, I will still act like Christ would want me too. Even when my parents ground me and I can't go to a party, I will still act like a Christian. Even if my best friend starts a rumor about me, I will conduct myself in a way that is appropriate for a believer. That's hard! It's so much easier to respond emotionally, but that's not what Christ wants from us. When Christ was ridiculed, He looked the other way. When He was hanging on the cross, He prayed for those who were crucifying Him. That's something to think about!

Reflection: Are you conducting yourself in a manner that is worthy of the gospel of Christ?

Application step: Today, watch the way you act. Make a mindful effort to act and react in a way that would please Christ.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Just so you know, I am selling my Nicki doll! She is up for sale on eBay and if you are interested go here. Thanks! :)
Also, my sister's birthday is tomorrow! Happy birthday, Krista! :)
Have a great day! :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for writing these reminders. :)

    I awarded you on my blog. :D

    http://myrandomnessandramblings.blogspot.com/2013/08/elegant-blogger-award.html

    xo
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://itsmylifebygrace.blogspot.com/2013/08/the-elegant-blogger-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got awarded - http://autumnreadsandwritesallday.blogspot.com/2013/08/tags.html?showComment=1377731523800#c4992560030570180083 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That... is so amazing and so true. Thanks so much for posting this. I feel like God's been laying this on my heart lately, so this is just kind of an extra reminder. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it is. :) Your welcome! I'm so glad you liked it. :)

      Delete