Thursday, January 2, 2014

Part 4 of Hallie's Story

Hallie

I followed Jasper for quite aways into the heart of the forest. He definitely knew his way around as he moved through the undergrowth as quietly and quickly as a deer. I almost had to run to keep up with him and my dress kept getting caught on brambles.
Eventually, we came upon a clearing where a wooden shack was set up against a hill. It was well camouflaged by the surrounding trees and the dark door made the place look mysterious and imposing. I don't know what I was expecting Jasper's home to look like, but it certainly wasn't this!

Jasper

I stopped just outside the door and looked back at Hallie. She stood still and was staring at my home with a curious look in her eyes. Judging by how fancy her dress was I guessed she came from a well-to-do background. Well, she would have to deal with my lifestyle if she were to stay.
"You coming?" I asked. "I know it's not much, but it's home."
"Oh! Yes, it's fine. I sort of like it. Thanks."
Smiling, she came towards me and I held open the door for her.

Hallie

The inside was even more dismal looking than the outside. There was a square table with two wooden chairs, a fireplace with water boiling in a pot, a pantry stocked with food, and two, small bedrooms off the main room. Jasper's home was... rustic.
"Are you hungry at all?" Jasper asked, politely.
At the mention of food, my belly started rumbling. I remembered I hadn't eaten much at the party I had run from, but I didn't want to impose. He was already letting me stay with him.
"Thanks, but I'm fine."
He shrugged and then moved over to where a large chest sat in the corner. He slowly opened it and gazed down at what was inside. He seemed to be deciding what to take out. After a few seconds of careful consideration, he extracted a practical, medieval looking dress and carried it over to me.
"Here, you can wear this instead since your other dress is ruined."
"Oh, wow," I said, fingering the fabric. It's beautiful."
"It was my mother's."
"You're too kind."
"So I've heard." He smiled.
"Is there a place where I can change?"
"Yes! Right in here," he said, motioning towards one of the bedrooms. "I'll go see if I can find my uncle."


Have a great day! :)

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Excuse me. There is something I need to do.
    *Screams*
    Alrightie. I am back, my dear Jessica, the awesome writer/blogger. Oh! You're also a very awesome pinky-promise keeper. ;)
    Dis. Eez. Amazin.
    Postttt moreee sooon :)
    ~ Laurel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I always love reading your comments. :) They make my day! I will post more soon!

      Delete
  2. .... love it :) keep writing!! :)

    ReplyDelete