Monday, January 6, 2014

Made to Inspire #20


Dear Diary, she wrote. I'm going to tell you something I have never told anyone else...


They were like the mist - there one minute and gone the next. The sisters were always there, lurking in the trees, and watching your every move with a curious eye.


Her eyes stared me down in a defiant sort of way, and I knew then I would not be winning this argument. She was like fire, and I was the spark that set her off.


A memory from yesterday: strawberry picking in the summer.


A slight wind blew over the dusty piano making the faded, worn music book dance from page to page...


It was a dream that I never wanted to end...


"Do you ever wonder what it would be like to be grown up?" the girl sighed, looking over at me.
I shook my head.
"I do," she said, smiling. "I imagine myself living in a quaint little house on a cliff overlooking the ocean. I would have a white picket fence and a little garden out in front. There would be color and sweet-smelling flowers everywhere, and I would have several children and after supper my husband and I would dance to our favorite records."
She sighed again, looking into the distance. "Wouldn't that be lovely?"
I stopped and stared at the beautiful girl before me, bubbling up with joy. I took her hand and looked in her the eyes. "Yes. Yes, it would."
Her eyes sparkled like the stars and I knew that she felt the same.

Five years later we were married, and I got her her house on the cliff that overlooked the ocean. We had four beautiful children and after supper, we danced to our favorite records together. And we loved each other til the day we died. The end. <3


The feeling you get on Christmas morning :)


The smell of old books, she thought as she walked into her favorite used bookstore, was the best smell in the world.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Photobucket

6 comments: