Monday, December 16, 2013

The Bridge {A Short Story}


Soren

All of a sudden, she started running. Taken by surprise, I stared, frozen, and watched her go, but then I sprung into action and took off after her.
Even in a dress, she was still fast and she didn't stop until she was halfway across The Bridge.
"No! Stop!' I called, panting.
She whipped her head her around, fear in her eyes.
"Go away! Leave me alone!"
Her eyes welled up with tears and she clung to the railing. I took a tentative step onto The Bridge and it instantly groaned with the added weight and I immediately stepped back. This bridge was not made for running on. And by the looks of it, it was ready to break. I gasped.
"Hallie, whatever you do, don't move!" I warned, my eyes wide.
I reached out my hand to her.
"Please, come back. We can fix this."
But she shook her head and started walking farther away. And what happened after that was just a blur.
A cracking noise filled the air, and all of a sudden the boards beneath Hallie's feet snapped. Frantic, she looked up at me and opened her mouth to speak, but then she was gone. In the blink of an eye she had fallen through the hole in The Bridge and was now being swept away downstream.
The last thing I remember is hearing a scream pierce the air, my back hitting the ground, and my eyes meeting the sky.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Gahh, I love writing! I hope you enjoyed that. Maybe I'll even continue it. :) Have a great day!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Wh-.... what. N-no, no. what!? WHY would you do that to me!?!?!?!?! That was amazing. You have to continue, to keep me from exploding from confusion and fangirling.

    xoxo
    Molly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! *evil writer laugh* :D I will see what I can do...

      Delete
  2. Whoa! That was so interesting! Great job, Jess:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whaaat?! Actually, more like WHOA!! ;) Did she just run away from a wedding? And is that her groom chasing after her? Because, if it is, that is like, really romantic! And where did you find that picture??
    OMGoodness, I would love to her Hallie's side of the story! And by the way, I totally love the name Hallie, it is so much like my name!! :D
    Please, continue writing this story! I NEED MORE!! LOL! Awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, maybe... :D I think Pinterest. I will def continue it!

      Delete
  4. Um, YES you should continue it! :) Just wow, way to leave me on a cliffhanger and make me want more. Gahh, I love writing also! :)

    ReplyDelete