Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Part 2 of The Bridge

Hallie

Time seem to slow when The Bridge broke. I felt myself start to fall and I couldn't grab ahold of anything solid. I let out a scream, and then I hit the water.
The river was cold, and my heavy dress dragged me down into the depths. I kicked out, my arms flailing. I had to get to the surface!
The river's current pulled at me and I could feel myself being carried farther and farther away from The Bridge. I was starting to panic; I needed air!
All of a sudden something grabbed my arm, and the next thing I knew I was alive and breathing in fresh air. I coughed, spitting up water, and fell against my rescuer. The boy held onto me firmly and dragged me onto shore where I lay in a heap.
"You alright, miss?"
 Pushing my hair out of my eyes, I turned my head towards the voice.
The boy was about my age and had a strong, muscular build about him. His hair was a striking reddish color against the sun and freckles dotted his frowning face. If it hadn't been for the frown I would have thought him to be quite handsome. But then his stern voice brought me back to reality.
"What's a girl like you doing in the river?" he asked, eyeing my once beautiful, white dress.
"I fell," I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.
"From what?"
"The Bridge. It sort of broke."
"What?" the boy exclaimed, his voice ringing out. "How could it have broke? You don't weigh that much, do you?"
"N-no," I stammered, inching away from him. Why was he getting so upset? "I was running."
"Running!" He threw his arms up in the air. "Why on earth would you be running on The Bridge? Do you know how old it is? No wonder it broke."
He shook his head sadly, as if The Bridge had meant everything in the world to him.
"It's just a bridge. You can always build another one," I said, trying to reassure him.
He must not have heard me, though, because he didn't respond and instead started walking away from the river into the woods.
"Where are you going?" I called.
I did not want to be left alone in the middle of nowhere.
"Home," he replied.
I stared after him, reluctantly, and decided to ask one more question.
"What is your name?"
He stopped and turned around, his blue eyes blazing.
"Jasper."

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Yay! The second part! :) I'm starting to get a lot of cool ideas for this story. I wish I could have found a picture for this scene. :P Oh, well. Stay tuned for Part 3! Have a great day! :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!! Cannot wait for part 3!! OMGoodness!!! SO SO EXCITED!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Mouth drops open in amazement* Wow. Blue eyes. Jasper. Pretty White Dresses. MY GOOSSSH. THE Bridge. More. More. More.
    Like seriously, I'm not kidding, I love everything you post on your blog, is so.... Inspirational. Wooahhh. Post part 3 soon!!! :)

    ReplyDelete