Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Part 8 :)

Soren

I stopped and stared long and hard at Percy's pale face, a hint of a smirk forming on his lips.
"You're lying," I retorted, clenching and unclenching my fists.
How could my sister be dead? I had seen her only recently - where had I seen her? Memories of the day before were fuzzy and I couldn't seem to focus them. But I knew they were there and it was driving me crazy not knowing.
"How did this happen?" I asked, trying - and failing - to hold back the tears.
"She fell, and then she drowned." He snapped his fingers for emphasis. "Just like that."
He paused and started pacing, going from one end of the room to the other.
"Running away from your problems won't solve them. It only makes them bigger. She should have known that before she tried to cross The Bridge. But it's too late now. She's gone and you are the king."
"Me? I'm king? Oh no."
I slumped back onto my bed and buried my face in my hands. I was the only one left. I had to rule now or risk Percy coming to power. And that was the last thing I wanted.
Come on, Soren, a voice whispered. You have to be strong now. You have a country to lead and a funeral to arrange. And so wiping away the tears and squaring my shoulders, I stood in front of Percy and said, "I'm ready."

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Suuuuuch a great storyline! Your writing style is very unique and don't forget AWESOME! :)


    XOXO,
    Dally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! :) I really appreciate all your lovely comments. <3

      Delete
  2. oooohhh!! exciting!!! i now know who soren is! :) awesome story Jess!

    ReplyDelete