Sunday, February 16, 2014

Calling {A Sunday Devotional}

What is He calling you to do?

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.

~ Philippians 3:14 ~

The calling God gives to our lives is not always easy. Sometimes I think of Mary and the special call God gave her for her life. It could not have been easy to a young, pregnant, unmarried woman asked to conduct the task of bearing and raising a son. But not only any son, God's son, Jesus Christ. I try to imagine how she must have felt to know that true prize of her life was in the day-to-day tasks by which God asked her to be part of His miraculous plan for mankind.

Sometimes, it warms my heart to know that all in His good timing; God is going to work out the steps of my life as I continue in the faith-walk journey I am on. It does not always seem fair or right when it seems like others my age have had things come to them easily, without arising questions or causing strain. Still, I realize that what God has in store for my life is great not in spite of but because of the trails and the uncertainties I live through.

Reflection: What goal are you pressing onward toward? Is it one of your won making or one you allow God to sprout and mature in you?

Application step: In the day to day tasks that contribute to your goals in life, remember that God is also growing you toward the calling He has for you in your faith walk with Jesus. He will never ask you to do more than you can, but he does have a prize awaiting you if you tread steadfastly after Him. Remember He is the prize that is so worth the journey every day!

Have a great day! :)

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment