Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Hallie Part 7

Jasper

Closing the door behind me,  I strolled into the main room.
"Hallie?" I called.
She had her back to me and was hovering near the fire, but then turned when she heard my voice.
"Oh, hi!" she greeted, smiling. "Is your uncle here?"
"Yes, but he's working right now. He'll come out when we have supper though."
"Great, I'll be sure to express my thanks to him then. Oh, and I love the dress! It fits perfectly!"
She held out her arms and spun around once for the full affect.
"I'm glad! You'll need something more practical than the one you were wearing."
"Yes, I suppose so," she said, sighing. "I guess I'll just have to throw it away now. The water probably ruined it."
"Oh, you don't want it? Do you mind if I have it then?" I asked, an idea forming in my mind.
"Not at all, Jasper. Though, what would you use it for?" she teased.
"If you don't mind, I was maybe thinking of selling it when I go into town later this week. I'm sure I could get a good price for it. Where did you say you were from again?"
"Oh, that would be fine. I'm sure someone needs it more than me and it would help you out to," she said, not answering my question.
"You are too kind."
"So I've heard."
We smiled.

Photobucket

5 comments: