Sunday, March 16, 2014

Early Sunday Morning

I hear: the clock ticking, sister snoring, birds singing

The clock reads 8:00am. For once I am able to sleep in.

I climb out of bed, pull on my robe, and pad downstairs. No one is up yet.

I see: sunlight streaming through the window and lighting up the floor, dishes from the night before resting in the sink

I press Power and the computer screen lights up.

While I wait, I fix myself a cup of hot cocoa. The machine buzzes and whirs.



I grab my Starbucks cup and set it on the counter. I look outside, watch the peaceful morning, and smile.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. I look at this blog, read this amazing post, and smile.
    Sorry I couldn't help but change your last sentence up a bit. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh this is so flawless! I love it so much! You described exactly how I feel in the mornings before anyone is up <333

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful way of describing a day. :) I absolutely loved reading it, and it put perfect pictures in my head of your day. :)
    I like being awake before anyone else...but I don't like waking up early, so that rarely happens. haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oi, I'm commenting too much. Not that I mind... :P
    I TAGGED YOU THIS OR THAT GO ON MY BLOGGIE
    OKAY LOTS OF LOVE BAIII

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I don't mind. :D Okay, wow, thanks, love you too bye!

      Delete
  5. Beautiful!

    Check out me blog @ blue-freckled-nargles.blogspot.com

    -celia-

    ReplyDelete