Friday, February 1, 2013

Finalists and Winner of Design Contest

It's the first day of February! :)

* * * * *

Thank you everyone for entering my first book cover design challenge! You all did a great job.


~ Poem Girl ~
What I like: The cover is polished: it shows both girls in traditional clothing, and the Titanic in distress. I can read the font and everything fits together well.
What I don't like: Nothing!


~ Brittney Ann ~
Likes: The ocean picture in the background (it very much defines Hope in the Distance).
Dislikes: The title font is too big and the font colors don't match.


~ Priya ~
Likes: It's black and white, and the title font is two different fonts which makes it look professional.
Dislikes: The author font is all caps.


~ Lindsay ~
Likes: Instead of the Titanic for the picture, it's the Carpathia. And it's sepia.
Dislikes: Nothing!


~ Erica ~
Likes: It's different from everybody else's, and I really like the girl's position.
Dislikes: The title font blends into the white curtain.

Wow, you all picked the same title font! :D

And now, the winner is............

POEM GIRL!

Congratulations! :)

Be sure to check out her blog here. She is a great writer and is having an awesome contest going on right now!

Have a great day!

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Jess I had a lot of fun making it!
    Your Friend
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely entries! You girls all did fantastic jobs! That is interesting that everyone chose the same font! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jessica,

    I had lots of fun participating in your contest! Poem Girl's book cover is really good! I think it's pretty funny everyone chose the same font! It is a pretty font! Thanks for hosting this awesome contest, it was really fun!

    *Lindsay*
    www.storiesbylindsay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad! Yeah! :) Thanks, I will be sure to do another one again.

      Delete